Bookmark This Page

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Eggnog Recipe

This recipe is oh so delicious!

One of my gifts this Christmas was a humongous bottle of Kahlua. My friend gave it to me because I use it in quite a few cookie and brownie recipes and she didn’t want me to have any excuses when it came to her supply of goodies this coming year.

On Christmas day, I decided to put a little in some eggnog since the thought was pretty appealing. Hey, Christmas cheer!

That was around noon. Well, as folks started stopping by, I’d fix them my fabulous concoction and of course, I’d have to join them for a toast, which meant that I’d have to make myself a refill. I mean, I refused to be impolite, especially on a holiday.

Around three o’clock, I began to notice that folks were staying instead of just popping by and heading home to tend to their own Christmas festivities as they usually did. I wondered if they were planning on staying for dinner. I didn’t mind if they did, since I always prepare a ton of different things.

Oh, I forgot to tell you…even though I’d toast with the newcomers, others in the old group kept finding things to toast to. And as you’ll agree, it would have been in bad taste for Your Smiling Chef to refuse to join in.

Well, let me tell you. Not only did folks hang around forever, but I am the creator of a brand new dance! I wish that I had a video to show you so that you could follow along.

Before I knew it, everyone had joined in! We were all so very happy dancing the hours away as we found new things to toast to. And you won’t believe this, but I’ll share it with you anyway…I have also created a newer version of “Saturday Night Fever!” I can’t exactly remember how it goes, but I’m sure that someone has told someone else who knows another someone who is a talent scout, all about me and my extraordinary dancing and singing talents that I choreographed myself!

You folks better grab all of my recipes as soon as you can. Why? Because one day, in the not too distant future, you’ll be standing in line in your supermarket and happen to glance over at the magazines. And who do you think you’re gonna see?

Well, what kind of question is that? It’ll be “Your Singing & Dancing Smiling Chef” of course!

Your Ingredients: (serves many dancers)

4-6 ounces good quality eggnog
2-4 ounces Kahlua
whipped cream
nutmeg

USING a brandy snifter, pour in the eggnog. Pour the Kahlua over the eggnog and top with a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg.

Now although I didn’t try this because I didn’t have any cinnamon sticks, you can probably use one as a festive stirrer instead of the plain plastic kind. I’m just not sure that eggnog and cinnamon go together.

Note: I should probably give you a non-alcoholic substitution for the Kahlua like the following:

For every two tablespoons of Kahlua, substitute 1 teaspoon of chocolate extract or 1 teaspoon of instant espresso powder.

But I can assure you that you won’t be impressing talent scouts like I am. Well maybe I’m not right now because I’m virtually unknown at this time. Just give it a few more days.

Always Enjoy!signature_small.jpg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Recipe!
I just love it, as you said, it is delicious!

Your Smiling Chef said...

I am so happy to hear that Rui...but don't drink too much, since I don't want you in competition with my dancing and singing talents when those talent scouts come around!