Bookmark This Page

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Welcome To Fast Recipes

I’d like to welcome you to FastRecipes. I truly enjoy cooking and love to bring smiles to those faces that taste my never-ending creations. I’d like to share some of my best fast recipes with you. That will bring a smile to my face!

And don't worry about whether or not you have a particular utensil that I'll be using. I'll do my best to suggest another way to accomplish the same task. And for my readers, don't be shy. If you know a faster, easier, or better method...please let us all know.

I used to think that it was impossible to create those great tasting and great looking concoctions that I'd see in magazines and on television. I used to think that I needed to attend one of those fancy, schmancy cooking schools in France to get an attractive and tasty recipe to the table. I used to think that I needed "super-expensive" kitchen appliances and utensils to create a mouthwatering dish. Think again guys! It's all hogwash.

You can create fabulous meals with a boring recipe and a little creativity. You wouldn't be here if you weren't creative (even if you don't know it yet!).

So, make yourself at home, get a cup of java, tea or other favorite beverage and relax. My goal is to share many of my favorite fast recipes or kitchen tips that I’ve found helpful in my preparations. Over time, I hope that you’ll find a recipe or two that will tickle your taste buds.

There won’t be any particular order or theme to the posting of my recipes, and you may occasionally disagree with what constitutes a “fast recipe.” I may sometimes forget to include in my recipes the directive of washing this or that particular meat or vegetable in the proposed recipe. I'm sure that my readers will forgive me that occasional omission and realize that it is always my intention for you to prepare dishes that include clean, fresh ingredients.

You may also find that some recipes are pretty silly and that others are downright yucky to your kids. You may even find recipes for your four-legged family member! I’d just like to assure you that they’ll all be pretty tasty.

Over the years, I have gathered tons of recipes from relatives and friends. I have also concocted plenty of my own (like my favorite sardine creation that you'll just HAVE to try). Back in January of 2004, my great aunt Nancy passed away. We were really very close and I have to give her partial credit for my never-ending pursuit of great recipes.

Last Christmas, my two uncles presented me with a HUGE, beautifully decorated box that was filled with what looked to be thousands of recipes. Some were scribbled on scrap paper, others were cut out in funny shapes and some I couldn't even decipher. I became soooo excited! Almost child-like. Okay, really child-like. I was now the holder of Great Aunt Nancy's guarded recipe secrets!


Now I'd like to share them with you. You see, I don't have a restaurant or a large family (and certainly have no intention of having either!) I'm just like you. I love to cook! I love the aroma of cookies baking. The aroma of a beef roast with vegetables in the oven. The aroma of spicy shrimp and garlic from my saute' pan. The aroma of turkey and stuffing.


But there are only so many hours in my day that I can devote to cooking and baking. So I'd like you to enjoy my vast collection of recipes and fill your home with those same intoxicating aromas that used to greet Great Aunt Nancy's family and friends.


After some time has passed, I'll probably begin to categorize these recipes under their respective headings to make it easier for you to search. But for now, I'll just post them as they come to mind.

Please always feel welcome to post your comments, thoughts and suggestions. I even welcome your advice and criticisms when you feel as though I’ve made mistakes or where your comment will add something constructive for all of us. How else can we learn something new or better?

Always Enjoy!signature_small.jpg

No comments: